Re: Linux Game Breeding

Paul Tiseo wrote:

>	I just realized that it wouldn't have to be a MySQL/PHP mirror. If I
>remember correctly, there was mention of gamedev.net in this discussion,
>right? Well, contents could be automatically transfered to SQL Server
>(assuming that's what they use) and we could make the ASP analog scripts of
>our PHP...

The problem is with the discussion package. Allowing people to contribute
to the discussion at both sites generates a synchronization nightmare.
Forwarding such request from the mirror site to the main site is also a bit
tricky (all links from the generated page have to point to the mirror site,
despite being generated on the main one)...

That's what I meant.

>	That way, all we'd have to transfer is db content in pure form. Also, I
>believe they already have a threaded discussion package that we could tap
>into...

They have. And they more or less offered to let us use it.

	Christian