Re: Strategy games (was something else and Texture mapping)

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Steve Baker wrote:
>
> >Beware of sentimentality.
> >
> >I used to *love* Ant-Attack on the Sinclair Spectrum it was
> >the greatest game *ever*.  About a year ago I found an emulator
> >for the tatty old Spectrum and with great excitement (and a LOT
> >of hassle) loaded up Ant-Attack...boy what a *crap* game that
> >was (by modern standards).
>
> I remember that game. :-) You threw bombs at ants, right? Anyway, it had
> an original idea, which can't be said of 99% of games today.

It was the first game I ever played that was in 3D (well orthographic
two-and-a-half-D anyway).

The scenery was just piles of cubes.

It's other claim to fame was it was the first game where you could
select between Boy-saves-Girl and Girl-saves-Boy modes.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker