Re: Direction of Linux games...

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 03:30:52PM +0000, Keith Lucas wrote:

> It's not hard to do timing code these days. I mean back in the ole 8bit days I
> wouldn't really have wanted to try, but these days machines can quite easily
> handle the fp math to do proper physics modelling. It does make life a lot
> easier being able to assign velocities to things as m/s and ignore the
> framerate.

I'd know all about variable frame rate coding.  It's easy to write
a program that way.  It's not so easy to take a framerate dependent
C++ program that someone else wrote and make it framerate independent.

> Why does everyone insist on trying to do framerate dependent stuff?
> Am I mad? Am I the ONLY one that thinks this is SO 1980s?

No their mad.  It IS very 1980s.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better