Re: Direction of Linux games...

>no it's not, just add a delta time multiplier to all translations, rotations,
>inputs, etc. It's really easy to make games independant of system speed, and
>pretty easy to convert games that aren't built right...

This is exactly what the debate is about.

>I would have figured everyone knew how to do this, but to yeild this much
>discussion, I guess not? If anyone wants, I can write up a tutorial on making
>programs apperant speed independant of system speed (barring framerate
>comparisions). Should only take an hour or two, and I'll have time this
>weekend? lemme know

Yes, _I_ know how to do this. We were debating why other people seem not to do
this,
and about how complex it is to retro-fit after the fact. If you assume you're
doing
this from the start it's a small section of urine...

Personally I tend to have a "time" class which wraps up a floating point, but it
allows you to grab the current time and stuff and all things like vector classes
accept scalar multiplication. There is a certain amount of neatness in seeing
the
physics written like the textbook equations...