Re: 3DNow! and MMX

Hi,

> Anyway, the "official" way to get that information under Linux
> would be via /proc/cpuinfo or something like that.  Resorting to
> machine code would be considered 'A Bad Thing' since it won't
> work on Alpha's, PPC's, 68k's, SPARC's and MIP's. Also, the
> /proc/cpuinfo thing should also work on multi-CPU machines
> and weird stuff like that.

But I want do it the directest way.
To make it clear... do you know this doesn't work or do you think so?

I think there is nobody who did something like this. Wherever you ask,
nobody can say: "No, you have to do that this way...".

Okay. How can I read the information from /proc/cpuinfo ?

bye

Felix Kollmann, DG5PT

Future Interactive

email: fkollmann@gmx.net
http://www.futureint.com

----
Don't fear the future, because fear is the path to the dark side.
Fear is to angry. Angry is to hate and hate is to suffering.
-- Yoda