FW: Please forward my apologies...

(I told them people were discussing exploits in the mail server, which is
partly true (you were discussing the mail server))...

----------
From: Martin Smith <Martin_Smith@sdreams.co.uk>
To: me@thisisnurgle.org.uk
Subject: Please forward my apologies...
Date: Wed, Nov 29, 2000, 14:25

To Everyone concerned

Please accept my apologies, I was unaware that the mail account I
cancelled had been subscribed to any mailing lists.  The reason the
bounces were being sent to the From field not the envelope address is
because the mail server is acting as a gateway to a Microsoft Mail post
office and when the message is converted to MSMail the envelope
information is discarded as there is nowhere for it to be stored.

In future people will be asked up on termination of their employment to
notify me of any lists they have subscribed to so that I can deal with
the account accordingly.

I hope you will forgive me this oversight, I am taking the necessary
steps to try and avoid this embarrassing situation arising again.

Yours sincerely

Martin Smith
Network Manager
Silicon Dreams Studio Ltd.
T. +44 1295 812295
F. +44 1295 812916

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or
confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
please notify us immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and
may contain viruses. We therefore do not accept liability for any loss
occasioned by any such errors, omissions or viruses in the contents of
this message.