Re: Anyone on this list?

> Yes - that's true - I've gotten several lucrative consulting jobs and
> more than a few job offers as a direct result of my OpenSource stuff having
> been 'noticed' by companies who'd like to recruit someone whose abilities
> can be seen ahead of time.  You can learn a lot about someone by looking
> at their code and reading their mailing list archives that would be
> impossible to find during an interview.

How true. I got my current job more than 2 years ago by demonstrating some
sort of selfmade Linux game which still compiles nowadays but could probably
be rewritten in less than a weekend.
Back then it was like, boah dude, one year of heavy development...

Josef

--
Free operating systems. Free software. Free games.