Re: Interesting automake feature

On Monday 2002-11-25 10:17, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> >Well, I write c++ and I name my header files foo.hh - your question
> > would seem to imply that header files should be named foo - I don't
> > agree.
>
> Does anyone have any hard facts on this issue? Are user apps allowed to
> use #include "foo", #include <foo> or is that reserved for std headers,
> and own headers are forced to use an extension? If that is the case

#include "foo"
#include <foo>
#include "foo.png"
#include "/etc/passwd"

are all perfectly valid - the preprocessor just blindly includes the
specified file. The only requirement for it is that it has to resolve
<iostream> and co to the proper standard library headers.

I'd also advise for using some suffix for your own headers.

--
Christian Reiniger

AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse