Re: How to best get smooth scrolling in X?

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Steve Baker wrote:

> > This was _really_ easy to do with svgalib. Not so with X?
>
> Well, the trouble is that in X, you don't have the whole screen
> to yourself - other programs may also want to be doing
> double-buffering and without hardware support for per-window
> double-buffering, you are doomed.

Yes, this seems in line with most other stuff I have read. It is the same
thing for stuff like DGA, right?

DGA & SDL gives true doublebuffering, but only in fullscreen mode it
seems. Sigh.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that,