Re: IRC meeting of October 10

Rob Kaper wrote:

>Only three people responded to my late proposal to chat tonight, however we

Sorry, I just came home at 22:50 UTC and thus didn't get your mail in time
;)

>did come up with some more idea's for the merge.
>
>Basically it comes down to the following options (or so we thought):
>
>- one site, with three sections (recruiting, resources, game hosting).

Please don't forget that a central part of all this is the coordination
between the Linux Game SDKs. In fact that was the main cause for the
creation of this project. Another thing you didn't mention is discussion
between open source developers ( == us ) and commercial game developers
(and eventually the associated suits). And don't forget discussion between
Open Source game developers - helping newbies, discussing new ideas etcetc.

>- three interlinked sites, with the same theme as lay-out and a clear
>  statement that is a three-chapter story (those three sections).

I don't like that one. It's a division by tasks - not by audience. It's
unnatural. And I think it's confusing to people visiting the sites.

>LGB would be the recruiting part, LGDC the resources and LG (linuxgames.com)
>the user-ready-games hosting. LGA could be merged into the last part.

I still favor the "one site for gamers, one site for developers" thing. And
if we can use both linuxgames.com and linuxgames.org we'll already have
enough similarity (of course both sites have to reference each other at
prominent places)

Cu
	Christian
--

REALITY.SYS corrupted ... reboot Universe [Y,n]?