Re: LGDC Homepage & LGB

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:

> What version of CVS do I need? How do I set it up? Where can I get
> more information?

Ahh, you've come to the right place...  It'll be a lot easier on you if
you set it up as a package as part of a Linux dist.  If so, look in
/etc/inetd.conf and make certain it has a line like:

cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs    cvs -b
/usr/bin pserver

(This has been scrolled to fit screen - /usr/bin pserver should be on the
first line as well.)

Make sure that's there - then, (you do have a CVS repository setup, right?
If not, run:
cvs init /repositor/location)
On another system, set the env var to:
:pserver:user@host:/repository/location
Replacing user@host with a user and host with the host that is running
CVS.  Now, type:
cvs login
It will ask you to type in a password - type in the user's password.
And, to make sure she's working, run:
cvs checkout CVSROOT

It should work fine.  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
hacker@geeky1.ebtech.net
"This is Maurice, our sheep-hearding carrot."
http://www.hpv.on.ca sys admin