Re: LGDC Site stuff - part 2

Magnus Norddahl wrote:

>That's ok. Btw, we better discuss what general guidelines we need to write
>those in-depth coverage of each library. If the "In Practice" page should be
>any way usefull to the developer, we need to compare them in a way where it
>become very clear what differences the libs have.
>
>If we eg. compare SDL with ClanLib, they both have somewhat the same
>possibilities with their 2D interface, but the way it is done is very
>different. Since the "In practice" page should try to point out this, we
>need to ensure all the descriptions of the game sdk's has a common
>structure, that focus on the subject.
>
>Any suggestions on how we do this?

Propably it's best to compare actual code (e.g. how's displaying a
background image / moving a sprite around / playing sound effects /... done
in PPlay/ClanLib/GAMES/SDL/...) with the critical parts explained step by
step. Perhaps with an "what's also possible in this area" (e.g. setting a
vidmode not only by choosing from a list but also by giving required specs)
note then and when.

>> (note: Is "Renderer" the right word for POVRay/BMRT/Blender/... ?)
>
>I guess so, otherwise it will one of the following: "raytracer", "3d image
>generator" or something similar - but I think "Renderer" is good enough.

Ok.

Cu
	Christian
--