Re: how to add assembler?

"Philipp Gühring" wrote:

> Ok. But what about combining Assembler and ggi?
> My idea is to ask ggi for a direct buffer, and use assembler to fill
> it. What do you think of that?

Fine with me. :) I currently do the same with DGA. Everybody pretty much
has the right to use the tools at their disposal, which is what makes
Linuxland such a wonderful place.

My point was, I had received a number of comments in the past from
interested hackers about how silly it was to write my own blitter
routines since after all, Now We Have GGI, which struck me as being a
bit like telling the Mozilla Team to "just use IE". GGI is nice, but
I've my reasons for not using it right now, most notably the fact that
I'm working on creating a very compact, relatively self-contained engine
that doesn't require X, GGI, SDL, et al. to run, but will eventually
target these subsystems. It's really just my personal preference. :)