Re: How to delete a file??

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> > I don't think you should use 'remove' because it's not portable.
>
> According to remove(3):
>
> CONFORMING TO
>        ANSI C, SVID, AT&T, POSIX, X/OPEN, BSD 4.3

And according to remove(3C) on Solaris 2.7:

     For files, remove() is identical to   unlink().  For  direc-
     tories, remove() is identical to rmdir().

There is no "CONFORMING TO" sections in Solaris 2.7 man pages it seems
(I checked a few other man pages for functions I knew were standard to
make sure), so I cannot be sure of the conformance level on Solaris.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
http://ludusdesign.com/