Question about game-prog libraries

Hi,

I'm an italian newbie linux programmer (sorry for my bad english)
I came from dos asm/c++ programming, and now I'd like to learn coding under
linux expecially for game-programming. Reading the e-mails sent to the lgd
mailinglist I thought to use Clanlib as SDK library.
I have Debian 2.1 installed and I've downloaded last clanlib package for Debian
but when I try to install it, dpkg tells me that I've to install Libc6 unstable
version and stdlibc++2.10 so I've installed the right Libc6 version but
I cannot find any stdlibc++2.10 package!! In www.debian.org I've only found stdlibc++2.9!

What library do you think I should use for game-programming under linux?
(now I'm only interested in 2D programming).

If Clanlib is the right choice, I'd like to know where can I find stdlibc++2.10
and I'd like to know what is the best choice between ggi, svgalib, X, ecc.

thanks,                      Andrea