Re: LI as domain holder for open projects

Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:

>Christian> hosting (www.)lgdc.org and either forwarding all requests
>Christian> to http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames or redirecting visitors
>Christian> to there. The candidates I see for that are LI (hosted by

>You are right, at SunSITE Denmark we do not host domains.  Wouldn't
>the redirect be a much better choice than forwarding (proxying) all
>requests ?

Bandwidth- and speedwise yes. But forwarding requests would make the domain
behave like a "real thing" instead of looking like "just some facade" (I
don't know how to better express that..)

What about mirroring the site at lgdc.org? Would that work? For the
"static" data it's just a matter of rsyncing the database files & PHP
scripts from time to time, but what's with the coming web-based
feedback/talkback thing?

But ok, of course the forwarding thing is the best way at least until we
sorted out a better one.

>If you go with the redirecting thing, what about changing the SunSITE
>URL to http://sunsite.auc.dk/lgdc ?

Sounds good. The current one can stay as alias for that for some time,
right?

	Christian