Re: Open source game design: What IS an RCS server?

Am Don, 21 Okt 1999 hast Du wahrscheinlich geschrieben:
>Two things, what IS an RCS server, which is supposed to be so good for
>colaborative game design?

RCS is a tool to let several people work on the same sourcecode. a
RCS server is the central part, where all the sourcecode is stored.
RCS and CVS are somehow related.

>And, two, I'm having trouble keeping processing time down; Is there any

You could try to show me the source, perhaps I find some things that
could help you.

>way with out the use of the
>setpriority function in C to make it execute faster? I'm trying to avoid
>making it essencial to run the
>game as root.

You could try something like that for your cron:

MAILTO=""
* * * * * /usr/bin/renice -20 `/sbin/pidof kmp3player mp3blaster xmms`

Or installing rtlinux, but that´s overkill.

Many greetings,
--
~ Philipp Gühring              p.guehring@poboxes.com
~ http://www.poboxes.com/p.guehring  ICQ UIN: 6588261