Re: Idea

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 06:06:08PM +0200, Philipp Gühring wrote:

> What do you think about the following idea:
> Developing a game with QT/KDE and GGI. It uses QT for the widgets,
> ... the menu, ... and a GGI Visual for the main window (Map of the
> game, ...) The GGI Visual is fast for blitting, ... and the QT Menu
> is configurable, ...
> Do you think that could work? A mixture of both systems?

Apart from perfering GTK to QT I would say you are going to get some
strange results if they have set their GGI target to KGI or SVGALib.
GGI's main advantage is that it is an abstraction layer not fast
blitting.  You will loose that if you start using an GUI toolkit as
well.  And then there is the problem of input.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better