ALS BOF

I attended Linux game development birds of feather session at the
Linux Showcase (formerly Atlanta Linux Showcase).  The group was much
larger this year with the total at 20 or so I think.  Jim Popovitch
organized both this session and last years.  He also mentioned that
a birds of feather session at one of the Linux Expos had similar
attendence.  (Jim is involved with the Time City project.)

There were a variety of topics.  A fairly lenghty discussion of
cheating occured but with little in way of suggestion.  Many open
source developers seemed to think it wasn't important to worry about.
Some questions of the various toolkits were raised.  The X windows
port of Allegro was not recommended because of it's poor performance
which I hadn't heard of.  I recommended the LGDC website were
appropriate.

Of course the topic of content development came up.  Sound creation
was in particular an area with few answers.  Seems that the developers
haven't had anymore luck than the rest of us.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com