Re: Full-Screen mode.

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Chris wrote:

> http://www.evil3d.net/articles/linux/pageflip/
>
> may have some relevance -
>
> "What isn't being mentioned is the fact that Page Flipping is only available
> in specific resolutions of X in conjunction with a specific resolution of a
> full screen OpenGL application"

Yes - I'd already read that - it says somewhere else on that page
that the resolution limitations only apply if you DON'T have
__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK set in your environment.

I most certainly *do* have that variable set - and my reading is that
this frees you from the restrictions on display resolutions.

At any rate, I still see problems when I pick one of the "Approved"
screen sizes - so that's not it.

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@link.com           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net       http://www.sjbaker.org