Event based system

Hey people,

	I'd like to know more about how to build a event driven game engine, so
if anyone could spare a resource, it would help a lot - I haven't had
much success finding good ones on my own.
	One other thing... I was wondering if it is possible to build a game
engine which is event driven and make this scheme work transparently
with networking, like, the programming interface for sending a message
to a local object is the same as for sending messages across the
network.

Thank you for your attention,
Miguel A. Osorio.