Re: Event based system

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Miguel A. Osorio wrote:

> 	I'd like to know more about how to build a event driven game engine, so
> if anyone could spare a resource, it would help a lot - I haven't had
> much success finding good ones on my own.

Could you elaborate a bit on this?

> 	One other thing... I was wondering if it is possible to build a game
> engine which is event driven and make this scheme work transparently
> with networking, like, the programming interface for sending a message
> to a local object is the same as for sending messages across the
> network.

There are some good articles in "Game Programming Gems" that might suit
you, how to treat time as an event and so on - also some stuff on network
programming.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
But the Napster case is not just, or even mainly, about piracy. It is about

Artists' interests deserve legal protection, within limits; business models
do not.

       - The Economist, 2001.02.24