Re: Anyone on this list?

On 29 Oct 2002, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

>Forget this 'release early, release often', it doesn't work for games.
>Instead release something that works and gives a good overview over
>the project, something that shows it from its best site. Offer CVS
>access to the people and developers who really want early&often and
>probally want to get their hands dirty. but the don't really care that
>much about early&often for your normal tarballs.

This is actually a valid point. I've tried "a few" 10% finished games that
didn't work, were a hassle to install/compile/run, just to see them crash.
The result has been that I've got a mental image of the project as
"immature", even though a lot of time may have passed, and the game may
have matured into something very playable. This is the reason I want to
lay low on anything I work on. When we/I have something that's close to
a vision of an 1.0 version, then it's time to release.

--
'Educational' refers to the process, not the object. Although, come to think
of it, some of my teachers could easily have been replaced by a cheeseburger.