Re: Pingus

Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net> writes:

> Bundling related libraries into a single distribution is an
> important trick for easing the end-user installation workload.

I think static-binaries are an even more important trick for end-user
happiness. Distrubution-independend binaries are still seen only very
rarely under linux and especially with games and other self-containing
things I find this quite a pain. Compiling from source is really just
something for the developers or the distributions, end-user should
never have to compile themself.

I find it quite sad that it is quite often a lot easy to get a linux
game up and running under windows, than under linux itself, since
somebody provided a binary for windows, while nobody provided one for
linux.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: grumbel@jabber.org
ICQ:      59461927