Re: Anyone on this list?

J. Perkins wrote:

>>I just want to take CS as an example for now: It is a *very* active
>>project by now, has become a fully featured graphics engine one or two
>>years ago already and is still increasing in quality. When version 1.0
>>will be released I'm sure it'll be among the best commecial engines you
>>can get - but only for graphics and maybe sound. No networking, no
>>multithreading. But it's the best LGPL'ed candidate out there.
>>

>Actually, I'd say the Nebula Device is probably a bit better overall,
>and certainly just as actively developed. But they are both quite good.

Is the Nebula Device LGPL? From what I see on
http://sf.net/projects/nebuladevice
it seems they are using some other license:

#  License: Other/Proprietary License

On their home page I cannot find any license information.

Also I think Nebula Device only works on Linux and Windows. If you also plan
to target MacOS/X and other operating systems then Crystal Space might be
better.

Note that I'm a bit biased as the project manager of Crystal Space, so
take my opinions
with a mountain of salt :-)

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM