Re: Relative path in game? SOLVED

Gianfranco Berardi wrote:

How do I get my game to work with files relative to itself rather than the user? This may seem like a simple problem, but other than creating a shell script that has "cd gameDirectory; runGameApp", I'm not sure what else to do, and the shell script seems kind of hacky.

I decided to look at the existing game installations I have. It seems that Sam Lantinga has already solved this problem years ago with his FindPath() script:

http://www.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl/2001-March/034831.html

-- GBGames' Blog, An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting Thoughts: http://www.gbgames.com/blog Staff Reviewer for Game Tunnel, the Independent Underground: http://www.gametunnel.com