Subject: Re: SDL overview
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:42:35 -0700
From: Sam Lantinga <slouken@devolution.com>

> [I don't know if you're subscribed to the LinuxGames mailing list
> (linuxgames@sunsite.auc.dk), so excuse me if you already know this...]

I don't think so..

> We're setting up the meta project now. Do you have an "official" overview
> of SDL we could use there (1-2 paragraphs of text)?

Yup, this is off of the main documentation page:

This library is designed to make it easy to write games that run on Linux,
Win32 and BeOS using the various native high-performance media interfaces,
(for video, audio, etc) and presenting a single source-code level API to
your application.  This is a fairly low level API, but using this, completely
portable applications can be written with a great deal of flexibility.

(I'm open for suggestions for improvement. :)

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken@devolution.com)

--
Author of Simple DirectMedia Layer -
	http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/

Microsoft: What API do you have to use today?