Re: SDL vs GGI

Marcelo Elias Del Valle <marceloelias@iname.com> writes:

> Pierre Phaneuf wrote:
>> Why are you avoiding X?
>  I avoid X too. X is simple, is easy to programming, but the X, only,
> occupies more than 20% of the my machine's recourses. SVGALib can't have
> hardware acceleration in future? I don't believe it's dead...

I think its dead, or at least I hope it will die. Svgalib is at the
moment one of the easiest way to get a linux machine unusable,
remember applications with root permission are evil.
I hope it will be replaced completly with gg and fbcon.

--
                                  http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~grumbel/pingus/ |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |