Re: Fwd: Re: MySQL on SunSITE

At 08:22 PM 9/1/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I think sticking with sunsite is a good choice for now.  Although I do
>like the idea of a linux.gamedev.net.  To do that though it would need to
>be decided what would be done with the money and I'd prefer to see it on
>a linux server.

	I also thought that one could gather the money and donate it to some
organization that funds developments of things relevant to game developers.
We can pick a new "charity" every few months, collect one pile and send it
off. No need to worry about getting the ne Civ:CTP to some guy in
Afghanistan. Nothing against Afghanistan, but it's the first country that
came to mind for "a difficult location for me". :)

>> from gamedev.com:
>(You seem to have a hard time with the ".net" part :)

	Damn! Been trying to register three new .coms and so I've got it stuck in
my head., I guess.

Paul Tiseo
LGDC's webmaster
http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames