Re: (OT) Re: memory management

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 05:08:08PM +0200, Bert Peers wrote:
> I have no idea why anno 1999 people keep starting projects with intros like
> "so I'm starting this game/editor/compiler/... and need some SDKs *but*
> no C++ !!!".... :(

Those who speak like that are mostly those that never learned any PL except
C++. I had too much time on my hands so I learned C, Objective-C, C++, Common
Lisp, Scheme and Perl. My hart goes to Scheme. Objective-C is such a useful and
clean/small addition to C that I just can't belive nobody uses it. OTOH C++ is
such a messy bloat that I can't belive anybody would wan't to use it!

All will argue that C++ offers you many useful things, like function and
operator overloading, multiple inheritance and templates, but 90% of those will
later agree that operator overloading is a bad thing and should not be used,
multiple inheritance creates more problems than it's worth and templates should
be avoided at all costs. What is left then?

"some SDKs *but* no C++"? Well yes, if using a C++ library means giving up on C,
Objective-C and Scheme for my project.

--
Borko Jandras	<bjandras@public.srce.hr>