Re: (OT) Re: OpenGL scenegraph

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Jeff Read wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
>> Oh, I didn't mean to offend math... :-) I just don't like math that much,
>> and don't like to prove stuff just to see som stupid matrices work.I want
>> math to be something where you have a nice documented formula into
>> which you shove numbers and get nice results in the other end of
>> the formula. Math is a tool for me. It should work out of the box. I don't
>> want to tinker with it.
>
>"A computer is a tool. It should work out of the box. End users don't
>want to tinker with it, they want to get things done."

Sometimes it's quite handy to have black boxes with stuff that just work
when you feed stuff to it. I don't want to know how my Xlib calls in the
libX11.so black box work, nor how the stuff in libc. I don't want to
reinvent the entire wheel all the time, sometimes I'd be happy to have
premanufactured parts...

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream