Re: New package managment

Pierre Phaneuf <pp@ludusdesign.com> writes:

> Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
>
>> No, don't think so. I think it is quite hard to remove the gcc from a
>> system, all distributions I know install them on default. And hey
>> without a compiler you can't compile a kernel. So I think, people
>> without a compiler are below 1% or so.

> A basic Red Hat installation leaves you without kernel sources, glibc
> headers or compiler. Many users are happy nonetheless.

Hm, didn't know that. But is that a basic installation in the sense of
only the absolutly basic applications (bash and friends, for servers)
or in the sense of a standard basic installation, which most users
will have installed?

--
                                  http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~grumbel/pingus/ |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |