Re: My Game

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Chris Purnell wrote:
>

> >I've just gotten around to putting up an initial release of what may
> >become a game.  I wonder if it would be too much to ask for people
> >to have a look at it and tell me what they think?
> >
> >You can download it from here: http://www.lost.org.uk/game.html
> >The libraries I use are glut, GL and png.
> >The controls so far are cursor keys to move, escape to quit and
> >'s' to take a screen-shot.
>
> I don't have any OpenGL at all configured right now (it's such a PITA to
> get something hardwareish to work),

I havn't tried installing Mesa recently - but the latest rev of the nVidia
drivers went in with no problem at all - just two 'rpm' commands and a reboot.
*FINALLY*, this is becoming an easy process.

> <realitycheck>
> Nobody should be offended by basic nudity. All this weird
> political correctness is just some US bullsh*t (just as marvels such as
> the DMCA). Don't allow lobbying and religion in politics...
> </realitycheck>

Offended - no - but a warning for those of us with young children is definitely
appreciated.  I'd still like to see a voluntary version of the ESRB ratings
that could be applied to OpenSource games.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net