Re: My Game

On Tuesday 11 September 2001 09:24, Erik Greenwald wrote:
> I d'no, this may be pertinant, what rights and responsibilities to
> developers have in regards to so called "adult material"?

Not only this, but the question goes further in what they should prevent and
what they cannot prevent.

Imagine a public gaming room, where one player offends others. Now you must
decide whether privacy or freedom weights more.
Or you don't set up a policy at all, risking the resulting problems.

Another question is whether legal actions, as done against e.g. yahoo, can be
done against open source projects if they don't setup rules.
This question concernes me currently, I've tried to find some compromise but
it's far from what the final words will be:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ggz/docs/ggz-project/security-and-privacy?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Maybe one should introduce a differentiation, between completely uncensored
parts (including possible violent games) and "kid friendly" parts, which
contain selected games and gaming rooms with a stricter chat policy.

% windows sucks
[grubby] watch your language please
But I doubt a chat bot can actually care about these problems :-)

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net