Re: How to spawn a server?

Rob Kaper:

> You could put all the server functionality (binding the port, listening to
> it, the communication) in a shared library. That way the client can just
> load that code (and quite possible share some classes regarding
> communication and game objects) and even unload it if you use dlopen to
> load it on demand.
That way the client becomes a server... i need a server AND a client, and
they must be distint processes.
At the time client and server share so much code that they have been put into
the same binary.
Also, my problem isn't loading server data, my problem is dropping client
stuff when the forked child becomes a server.

> I hoping to move monopd/Atlantik into that direction myself, using the
> server lib in the client as well as a small app which uses it to be run as
> dedicated server.
The dedicated server must be run separately (manually) or is invoked somehow
by the client?

Thanx,
Francesco