Re: Scripting in games.

J. Perkins wrote:

>>> It has been my experience that the *best* way to this stuff is via
>>> a plugin/component system. No matter how much stuff you give the
>>> scripters, there will always be something you didn't think of.
>>

>> Wasn't that the idea of doing scripts in the first place?   The
>> scripts *are* the plugins.
>

> I meant a plugin system for the C code, but it seems like you've
> got the mechanics of this covered already, and it's up to the
> PLIB-based application to decide how it should work (and not
> PLIB itself).

Ah - OK - yes.  The idea is that the application (ie the game), creates
a simple table of string/arg-count/pointer-to-function which the PSL
compiler/interpreter makes visible to the scripts.  Hence, the application
can create plugins for the scripting language - which thus remains
application-neutral.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
        http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net