Re: Input Library

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Katie Lucas wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 03:54:19PM +0200, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 Nathi-huesken@gmx.de wrote:
> >
> > > For Graphics I use OpenGL and for Sound I use OpenAL.
> >
> > Use SDL to get the OpenGL stuff, etc. It really is a very small, nicely
> > working library.
>
> You know everytime anyone asks this question, people go "SDL
> works". When I point out it doesn't on any of my systems,

What do you mean? It must work, I can not imagine it does not. :=)

> we get into
> a whole debate about how it must do, and therefore still no-one's
> actually explained to me how come the out-of-the-box installation's
> program that's supposed to make link lines to go in the makefile
> doesn't work (it misses out loads of the X11 link commands). Then
> there's a whole argument about linux library versioning and how the
> SDL team don't understand how it's supposed to work, and twice now
> this has happened, and SDL doesn't work on any one of the recent
> versions of RedHat

I have only been using SDL with Mandrake - it have worked for me without
problems ever since 7.2. Friends of me have just used it with RedHat
installations.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Sure, some companies might run successful businesses by making Linux easier