Re: artists

Jan Ekholm wrote:

If I could possibly learn blender, I wouldn't be contemplating
spending $2,000 on Maya-for-Linux.
You've really been thinking about buying it?
Yes - I came very close to giving in at SigGraph this year because
they had some kind of special deal that bundled a stack of Maya books
along with the license - but fortunately, the crowd of people at the
Maya booth put me off.

Basically, my wife would kill me if I spent $2k without discussing it
with her first!

Fortunately, my son is a 3D fanatic too - I've just got to work on
the idea that this is an essential educational tool that any good
parent would gladly pay for!

I will almost certainly buy Maya sooner or later.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
           http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net