Re: RAID & Swap.

> The decision we need to make is 256MB of RAM good enough for now, or do we
> want to put the swap partitions on unmirrored partitions (single point of
> failure).

Not having swap scares me.  I'm just concerned that t some point we may have a
massive influx of activity that would take the box to a ram level it otherwise
wouldn't reach, beyond 256 or 512 or whatever... and boom.  Down we go.

> IMHO, we're better off not running any swap partitions and just hitting up
> VA for more RAM if/when we need it.  Maybe I'm being paranoid (after all
> what's the real chance that one of those disks will fail??? not likely),

Those disks aren't likely to fail.  And if one does bringing it back up will be as
simple as bringing it up after we've lost the root partition.

I say throw a 128MB swap partition on both drives.  Can't you have more than one
swap partition?  If you activate both at the same time though, either disk failing
will bring the box down.  Just activate the one living on the disk that contains
the live root partition.  Leave the 128MB swap partiton on the other drive
inactive, and only activate it when we need to bring the box up on the other disk.

What do you think?  I know this makes us more vulnerable to a disk crash... but
aren't we already with an unmirrored root?

Lemme know your thoughts.
Jason