Re: Centralized Linux announcements/news list?

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> Please let me know what you think. Dave (from threepoint) suggested setting
> up a list so we could discuss this more thoroughly, and actually make
> something happen.

Well, I think it'd be a pretty simple way to just setup a centralized
database server with outside access that everybody could just poll using
their favourite scripting language. For example, if we setup a MySQL
server accepting outside connections everybody would be able to use Perl
and PHP to access that server and display the news in any way suitable for
the site without too many glitches and pre-defined layouts. How's that?

PS: I'll setup a mailinglist in a few minutes if that's okay with you.

--
   __/\__
   \ oO / .. scoop@freshmeat.net