Core <-> Extension interface (was: On reply blocks and tagging attacks (was: Problems with bit-twiddlers))

 Nick wrote:

> I don't get the implications of this.  How does delivery work?  How does
> the last node know whether to deliver to Bob or not?  Do all recipients
> need to run nodes?

and in a separate message

 Nick wrote:

> SIDE NOTE:
> So far, we've been putting routing information for the last node (such
> as email address of SMTP recipient) in the payload.  This probably needs
> to change--can we move it to the header?

I think this is the interface between "Mix Core" and "Extension" modules.  The
Mix Core module just has one bit that indicates whether the message gets
processed and forwarded to another mix node or else gets decrypted and passed up
to the local extension module.

All of the information that the extension module would use, such as SMTP
address, is encoded inside the payload.

Does that sound good to you?

Regards,

Zooko

---
                 zooko.com
Security and Distributed Systems Engineering
---