Re: automatic self-blacklisting

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 04:49:46AM -0400, dmolnar wrote:
> I am a little worried, however, about including the MAC(K, <user_address>)
> as an extra header in outgoing messages. For one thing, if the message is
> forwarded afterwards, then the recipient can forge the user's request for
> addition using the information in the headers. Any ideas?

In most cases I've noticed that only certain headers (such as From, To, Send, Subj) from the forwarded messge are included in the new outgoing message.  A couple exceptions:
	-Mutt seems to forward all headers that are currently being viewed.  So if the user is viewing all headers, then the MAC(...) header would be passed on.
	-Outlook Express has the option to 'Forward as Attachment', which will pass on the entire original message, including all headers.  Also attaching/embedding messages in Windows will include all the headers.

However these cases seem fairly limited, and I'd feel comfortable including MAC(...) as an X-header.

> other comments?

I wonder if there's a desire or way to enable an entire domain to blacklist itself.

Oh yeah, as this is my first post to the list, Hi everyone!  (and of course the Ob-bio: http://guh.nu/personal/ )

Cheers,
--
^Drew

http://guh.nu

--Begin PGP Fingerprint--
3C6C F712 0A52 BD33 C518  5798 9014 CA99 2DA0 5E78
--End PGP Fingerprint--