ANN: Mixminion 0.0.3

Mixminion 0.0.3 is released.  This version resolves critical bugs in
0.0.2; everyone running earlier versions should upgrade now.  It also
introduces many new features, including client-side pooling and
single-use reply blocks.  See the notes below for a complete list.

   Source: http://www.mixminion.net/dist/Mixminion-0.0.3.tar.gz
Signature: http://www.mixminion.net/dist/Mixminion-0.0.3.tar.gz.sig
   README: http://www.mixminion.net/dist/README-0.0.3

NEW IN VERSION 0.0.3: (From the README)
   Better build support:
      - Fail more gracefully with missing 'which'.
      - Fail more gracefully with missing python-dev.
      - Portability fixes for Python 2.0.
   Client tweaks:
      - Default connection timeout to 1 minute.
      - Rename stop-server to server-stop.
      - Rename reload-server to server-reload.

NEW IN VERSION 0.0.3rc2:
   Numerous bugfixes, including:
      - More verbose client locking
      - More reasonable log messages
      - Better messages on missing openssl
      - Improved documentation
      - Better support for confused permissions on build
      - Better errors on failing directory retrieval
      - Less verbose description of reply blocks skipped.
      - Base64 encoding should no longer get corrupted by outlook
      - Fix nasty race on queue cleaning.
      - The code compiles (but doesn't run) under cygwin.
   New features:
      - mixminion stop-server and mixminion reload-server commands.

NEW IN VERSION 0.0.3rc1:
   CLIENT:
      - Single-use reply blocks (SURBs) are fully supported and available.
      - You can use client-side pooling: it holds messages until you're
        ready to send them.  Pooling also prevents you from losing
        messages when the first hop in your path is temporarily down.
      - You can now decode binary messages or reply messages from the command
        line.
      - We now time out faster when servers are down.
      - Many error messages are far friendlier.
      - It's now safe to run multiple instances of the client at once.
      - Numerous UI improvements and typo fixes; error reporting is better in
        many ways.
   BUILD:
      - It's easier to build with different OpenSSL installations.
   SERVERS:
      - Servers now have a lightly multithreaded design to prevent extreme
        stalling under heavy loads.  Now the network should remain fairly
        responsive under far more traffic than before.
      - When a message delivery fails, the retry schedule is more reasonable.
        By default, a server will retry an undeliverable message every
        30 minutes for a day, then every 7 hours for 5 days.
      - All modules that use SMTP now set a "X-Anonymous: yes" header.
   CONFORMANCE:
      - We now implement MMTP correctly; before, we didn't accept junk
        packets; handle protocol negotiation right; or do support key
        renegotiation.
      - DROP packets have random payloads.
      - A nasty bug in our implementation of counter mode is fixed.  On
        the bright side, big-endian and little-endian hosts should now,
        finally, be compatible.  On the minus side, we lose backward
        compatibility.
      - Server descriptors and directories now follow a more forward-
        compatible format: we can add sections and entries in the future
        with less risk of breaking existing clients.
--
Nick Mathewson <nickm@freehaven.net>