Re: mixmaster delivery?

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 20:15, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 20:04, Douglas F. Calvert wrote:
> > Hello,
> >  How come no one has mixmaster delivery turned on? I turned it on for a
> > second and then became nervous when no one else had it turned on.
>
> Totoro1,2 and Moria1,2 have smtp-via-mixmaster delivery enabled.  The
> reason that most people don't have it is that it isn't especially
> useful: sending a Type-III message through a direct Type-III exit node
> is likely to be more reliable, since it doesn't get the Type-II network
> involved at all.  It doesn't _really_ create another exit node: it only
> fakes it.

How come it does not show up when I do a list-servers? When I had it
turned on for a little while it said something that indicated it had mix
capability I don't remember what it was exactly. Is this because it was
limited because I am only set as a relay?

If I can not run an exit node do you think it is worth it for me to turn
on mix and frag? My reasoning is that if I can not run a real exit node
I might as well allow mixmaster delivery.

On another note I have a question about the drop functionality. Is their
a reason why drop always picks chains of the same length? It seems that
a random selection of chain length would add a touch more traffic
randomness.

And finally I am beginning to write a paper that has something to do
with the economics/costs of anonymous mail/traffic. Exactly what I am
not sure yet. What is the best forum to ask for input? Here? Mixmaster
devel? Or some other list? I need to write/research a topic for a
telecomm class and do a economic/cost/game theoretic modeling of some
aspect of communication. I was interested in the recent traffic analysis
papers and think I am going to do something along those lines. Are there
any open questions right now that I might be able to look into and aid
the community?

--
Douglas F. Calvert
http://anize.org/dfc/