Re: Mixmaster Protocol Draft

Hi Len,

maybe is just a waste of your time, but I have a suggestion
for a little note on the section 8 of the Mixmaster Protocol
internet draft.

In this section you give several security note, starting
 with the need of pre-existing secure cryprographic primiteves,
 and other notes about possible attacks.

I thinks that a note about the need of a secure distribution
 system of keys, remailer capabilities and statistics worth
 some space.

I mean something like this (sorry for my bad english)

"A working remailer network require some mechanism of
 remailer keys, capabilities and statistics distribution,
 i.e. a remailer directory trusted service; this subject is
 a wide open issue, and several class of attacks can be
 coinceived exploiting this service, from simple DoS attack
 disrupting this directory service, to manipulation
 of message flow for traffic analisys purposes."

As you already know, I'm not a researcher on this
 area, but just an user; for this reason feel
 free to ignore this if this really so trivial or wrong.

But in this case, if you can waste a little more time,
 let me know why and/or point me some resources to
 understand it myself.

Thanks a lot for your work.  Ciao.   Marco

--

+     il  Progetto Freenet - segui il coniglio bianco        +
*     the Freenet  Project - follow the  white rabbit        *