Re: more q's

[cc'd to mixminion-dev]

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 16:57, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> how do you tell the client to deliver to an mbox?

    mixminion send -t mbox:username@server=20
or  mixminion send -t mbox:username -P *,server

Where username is configured in the server's address file.

> are there any catches to, say, switching moria1 over to supporting
> mbox too?

Yes -- there's no way right now to if you generate a new server
descriptor with your old keys, but if you try to generate one with *new*
keys, you'll break everybody who has the old one.

Our current options are:
     1. Wait till slightly before 19:00 EDT (midnight GMT) and do a
        quick switch.  Make sure the new moria1 descriptor gets into the
        directory before midnight GMT.
     2. Start a new moria3 that does what you want.  Add moria3 to the
        directory and remove moria1.  After midnight GMT, disable
        moria1.
     3. Wait till later in the 0.0.3 cycle; I'll have the code written
        to regenerate server descriptors without molesting keys.

> when will we get functionality to specify "an exit node that does
> smtp but doesn't do smtp-via-mix2"?

Not until after 0.0.3.  Right now, there's no backward-compatible way to
add this information to the server descriptors.  I'm going to make the
server descriptor parser in 0.0.3 a little smarter to allow it to handle
multiversioned descriptors, and after everybody is running 0.0.3 it will
be safe to make changes.

Yrs,

Nick Mathewson <nickm@freehaven.net>