Re: My server is using random ports(?)

Define: strange    ;-)

My firewall is pretty tight, but all incoming to local TCP/48099 and outgoing to external TCP/48099 is wide open...

Regards,
   Evert

Nick Mathewson wrote:

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 09:21:57AM +0100, Evert Meulie wrote:

That's what I thought... Thanks for confirming it!  :)

Then my next question here is: Why do these connections time out?
Here's another (recent) clip from my log:

That's the big question. Right now, it seems to happen mostly with
connections between certain servers and POboxes, if this is what is
really causing the packet loss my pinger is seeing. Is there anything
strange about your connection or firewall?

yrs,