Re: C/C++ MixMinion development

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 05:58:29PM -0700, Len Sassaman wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, George Danezis wrote:
> > I have a volunteer here that wants to spend 3-4 months full time,
> > programming for the Computer Security Group. He has experience in C/C++ so
> > I thought that producing a second independent implementation of the
> > "MixMinion" server would be both useful in itself and in testing the
> > independent implementability of the specs.
>
> I agree with this. Would anyone object if we had your volunteer work on
> the Mixmaster implimentation of the Mixminion protocol? Since that has to
> be written in C, and will be server-only, it makes sense to me.

That makes sense.

Len -- you should go through the Mixminion spec and figure out the
right way to interoperate. At this point I don't have the foggiest how
Mixmaster works. :) (This was one of the original reasons for starting
the Mixminion project.)

This list is probably a fine place to discuss how Mixminion compares
to Mixmaster, how we can modify them to work better together (without
sacrificing anonymity, of course), etc.

All -- keep in mind that a lot of the Mixminion discussion has been
happening on the mixminion-cvs list, in the form of patches to the spec
file. Check out http://archives.seul.org/mixminion/cvs/ for an archive
of commit messages (and instructions for subscribing to mixminion-cvs),
or http://mixminion.net/cvs/ for a copy of what's in cvs (updated every
5 minutes or so).

--Roger