Re: Remop inbreeding, or, the 'kidnap Len' attack

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:17:28PM +0000, Tim Haughton wrote:
> If you fail to hand over the key/password, or tell someone, you can be
> summarily imprisoned for 2 years. If you have forgotten the password, or
> lost the key, you have to prove it. Which is great fun.

I wonder if the following circumvention system is kosher: for every day
that the Nazis have NOT gotten you (and you have thus not handed over
your private key), send some sort of notification to the group.  Then,
when they do get you, stop sending such notifications.  After a few days
of no notifications, the group concludes that you are dead.

It seems to me that the government would be loath to make you lie, and
it also seems to me that telling your friends that the government has
NOT contacted you should be acceptable.  Obviously, law is often stupid,
but I'm sure that it would be harder for the Man to sell this one to his
consituents.

Geoff