Re: [minion-cvs] fixed some typos and LaTeX errors

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:44:30AM -0400, hopwood@seul.org wrote:
> Sorry I've been a bit unresponsive recently. I'll do the write-up
> for the "distinguishable" section tomorrow.

Great. I'm still looking forward to it. :)

> +One type of MIX hierarchy is a cascade.
> +In a cascade network, users choose from a set of fixed paths through
> +the MIX-net. Cascades can provide greater anonymity against a large
> +adversary, because in a free-route system an
> +adversary who owns many of the MIXes can use intersection attacks to
> +dramatically reduce the set of possible senders or receivers for a given
> +message \cite{disad-free-routes}.
> +MIX cascade research includes real-time MIXes \cite{realtime-mix} and
> +web MIXes \cite{web-mix}.

I left this part out originally because I wasn't sure it was relevant
enough to the paper. We're going to be pretty tight on space if we spend
a while talking about reply mechanisms.

> +\subsection{Robustness}

Similarly with this subsec.

Do you think they're as important related-work-wise as the other stuff?

> -exit node he had compromised by advertising that node as supporting a
> +exit node he had compromized by advertising that node as supporting a

Is this some weird spelling they have in Britain? :) I thought you guys
tended to use 's' rather than 'z', not the other way around?

--Roger